Monday, January 24, 2011

Something beautiful

i watched 500 days of summer the other night [sorry nina... i had to watch it] & i'm somewhat glad i watched it alone b/c i was left with a tear puddle the size of a bathtub once it was over. why had it taken me so long to see this movie? i'm not sure. i had wanted to see it long long ago but... me... not much of a 'movie watcher', i let it slip my mind.
it's true, what the narrator says in the beginning... that it's not a love story. i mean in a sense, if half way through the movie it just ended then yes: a love story. but it didn't happen that way.



& on a different note:
“I didn’t plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt if you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us. We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has happened only once and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it.”
 -The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks





▲natt

1 comment:

nik said...

i love 500 days of summer. it made me cry super hard too. i totally understand the characters too. that movie and the mandy moore and shane west movie. what's it called?

nikjillb.blogspot.com